Cycling keeps you fit and healthy
- Regular cycling helps keep the body trim and toned.
- Cycling raises your metabolic rate, helping you to manage your weight effectively.
- Cycling can also reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer and other serious conditions.
Cycling saves you time and money
- Cycling can be twice as quick as driving in urban areas.
- Average car running costs are over £5000 annually compared to just £75 for a bike.
- Free parking – it costs you nothing to park a bike.
Cycling helps protect our environment
- Cycling is the least polluting travel option after walking.
- 2kg of carbon is saved for every short journey made using a bike instead of a car.
- Cycling is 70 times more energy-efficient than the average car.
- Cycling helps reduce noise pollution, improve air quality and encourages social interaction.